Thank you for considering volunteering with MANNA! Volunteer work includes all ages, diverse religious and ethnic groups. You may volunteer as an individual, as part of a small group, or get your whole organization involved. Individuals with varied ability levels and from all walks of life can provide useful services. You can be a productive team member, meet other people who share your values, and have fun! Volunteers are the lifeblood of many non-profits, and MANNA FoodBank relies heavily on the goodwill of their volunteer corps to helps serve our mission to involve, educate, and unite people in the work to end hunger in Western North Carolina.
In order to volunteer at MANNA FoodBank, we require you to attend a volunteer orientation as well as fill out this Volunteer Application form below.
Volunteer Application Form”
Once you have done so, we can proceed with volunteering!
What Services do Volunteers Perform?
- We ask volunteers to work in our warehouse processing area, which represents the heart of MANNA FoodBank’s operations. You will be trained to conscientiously check, clean, label, sort, and box salvage food and non-food packaged items. These items will then be made available to our member agencies for distribution throughout Western North Carolina.
- Special fund-raising events such as the Blue Jean Ball, Empty Bowls, and the Ingles Giving Tree are always in need of helping hands and minds to perform a variety of services.
- MANNA provides many other specialized volunteer areas that need staffing on a regular basis. Such opportunities include:
- food stamp outreach;
- working closely with our partner agencies to further communication and monitor their compliance with MANNA’s guidelines;
- packing bags, loading and unloading trucks, and driving for MANNA Packs for Kids Program;
- office and computer based work;
- photo, video, and audio editing.
During the summer (June – mid September), warehouse processing takes place
- Monday-Friday (9am-12pm and 1pm-3pm)
During the school year
- Monday – Friday (9am-12pm and 1pm-3pm)
- Thursday evenings (4pm-6pm and 6pm-8pm)
- Saturday (9am – 12pm and 1pm-3pm)
Special projects take place year round: “on call”, evening, weekends, and holidays. Be sure to ask your scheduling questions at orientation or when in doubt, give us a call.
How you can get involved
Call our Volunteer Coordinator during office hours at 299-3663 to discuss our flexible scheduling options. You’ll get a warm welcome from our professional staff and lots of information on volunteer opportunities.
Questions? We welcome them! Whether you become an active volunteer at this time or not, we’re always glad to talk about MANNA FoodBank’s role in our community.