MANNA’s Mission: To involve, educate, and unite people in the work of ending hunger in Western North Carolina
MANNA’s Vision: A hunger-free Western North Carolina
WE HAVE 1 POSITION AVAILABLE. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
MANNA FOOD BANK JOB POSTING: MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT (PART-TIME) – 1/23/14
MANNA FOOD BANK JOB POSTING
MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT (Part-time)
POSITION TITLE: MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: Facilities & Safety Manager
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a valid North Carolina Driver License with no insurance points. Must have the physical ability to safely lift and transport equipment as required (frequently 40+ lbs) and to operate load-handling equipment (forklift, pallet jacks, hand-trucks), scissor lift, and some power tools. Must have the ability to perform maintenance and repair work on vehicles, equipment, and facilities. Must be able to effectively and pleasantly communicate with a diversity of volunteers, staff, donors and agency representatives. High school graduation or GED required.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION: The Maintenance Assistant is responsible for performing maintenance/repair duties as outlined below.
OVERSIGHT OF OTHER PERSONS/POSITIONS: Volunteers, as needed.
PRINCIPLE ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION:
1. Perform general warehouse maintenance including (but not limited to): sweeping, mopping, pest control duties, equipment safety checks, daily temperature logs, daily forklift inspections.
2. Perform general maintenance and minor repairs on: MANNA vehicles (trucks, cars); equipment (i.e. warehouse equipment & machinery); facilities including general carpentry, painting, and plumbing. Work in conjunction with the Facilities & Safety Manager in performing these duties and make recommendations when such duties need to be outsourced.
3. Maintains accurate maintenance and vehicle inspection logs to ensure that vehicles are in safe, dependable operating condition. Perform routine preventative maintenance on all MANNA vehicles. Communicate any vehicle problems or concerns with the Facilities & Safety Manager as soon as possible so that appropriate repairs may be made.
4. Responsible for safe operation of manual and power tools, utilizing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and maintaining a safe work area.
5. Assist other MANNA staff in any areas related to food drives, fund raising, and other special events as deemed necessary by Facilities & Safety Manager.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume or application by e-mail, mail or fax to:
Facilities and Safety Manager
627 Swannanoa River Rd.
Asheville, NC 28805
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
DEADLINE: Until position is filled
DATE: January 2014
Every MANNA FoodBank employee must subscribe to the “Statement of Philosophy” and the “Mission Statement” of MANNA FoodBank. Employees must also adhere to MANNA’s “Drug and Alcohol Policy”. These documents are on file in the Office of Finance and Human Resources. Employees must undergo drug test and criminal background check.
MANNA JOB APPLICATION FORM
Please fill out this application completely, and return it by fax (299-3664); by mail (627 Swannanoa River Rd., Asheville NC 28805); or by e-mail to the address listed in the job description, along with your resume and cover letter. You can also drop off your application at the front desk at MANNA FoodBank.
If your computer program permits, try this fillable job application form
(you can type in it online, & you can print it, but you can’t save it):