MANNA seeks Pantry Capacity Consultants
Position Description (position closes on December 15th)
MANNA FoodBank is looking for three AmeriCorps VISTA volunteers to serve in county zones to improve resources and processes used by network pantry partners to ensure organizational structure and stability, and increase opportunities to connect low-income populations to information to help them toward a goal of self-sufficiency.
Please note that this position offers an annual stipend along with additional financial incentives at the completion of service. AmeriCorps members cannot earn any taxable income during their year of service from outside sources.
Please go to http://www.americorps.gov/about/programs/vista.asp and find “VISTA Pantry Capacity Consultants” in the North Carolina listings. This position listing will close on December 15 but may be filled before that date. Please no phone calls and serious email inquiries only. The only way to apply for these positions is through the AmeriCorps VISTA site. WNC applicants preferred.
Below is an outline of the objectives for these positions:
• Conduct an in-depth food pantry capacity assessment of assigned food pantries in designated zones (county clusters).
• Prepare a final food pantry assessment report.
• Develop formal food pantry capacity building plan and timeline for Year 2.
• Develop a toolkit of resources and networking systems for pantry sustainability.
• Set up and sustain community outreach systems through existing and new quarterly Talking Councils, interagency meetings, training, conference calls, newsletters, and community events in each zone/county.
• Locations: (Local recruits preferred) Home Office: Asheville, N.C.
Zone 2: Haywood, Transylvania, Henderson, Polk Counties (United Way of Transylvania/office)
Zone 3: Madison, McDowell, Yancey, Mitchell, Avery, Counties (County Library System/office)
Zone 4: Jackson, Swain, Macon, Graham, Cherokee, Clay Counties (The Community Table/office)
• Compensation: $928/month; $11,136 Annual stipend plus end-of-service incentives
• MANNA FoodBank is a nonprofit organization